OS Cover Image

OS Cover Image

Saturday 4 September 2010

Top Gear: The Alternative Highway Code Review (3/5)


I'll be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of BBC's Top Gear, the car-based weekly show featuring Richard Hammond, Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Ben Collins (yes, I went there!), but the premise of this newly released book- an alternative set of driving rules- got me interested, and this is great value as I found it for a fiver. All the classic humour of the series is injected here, there are some cutely drawn animated pictures of the cast, although at times you can't truly see who the target audience is: occasionally the simplicity of the writing will have you thinking it's for kids, but the references to past shows seems like it's made for the adult fan. Either way, it's still a simple yet effective book that's great while it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment