OS Cover Image

OS Cover Image

Monday 31 January 2011

Smallville: Supergirl Review (3.5/5)

Laura Vandervoort's Kara was a prominent character in Smallville Season Seven, and in Supergirl she returned donning her red and blue costume to face off against series antagonist Darkseid. The episode actually took the show into new territory as more humans began to realise that not every super human was a threat to the Earth, but took some steps back too. The computer-generated-imagery was pretty lame even for the drama: Darkseid looks generally iffy in his smokescreen form, and even some super speed shots didn't look up to scratch for Smallville. Vandervoort made a solid comeback as Kara Kent as if she'd never left, and showed signs of a later return to truly bring Clark into the shoes of Superman for good, even setting him on the road to flight (then again, he's been 'set' on that path many times before). The lack of faith from Jor-El is pretty interesting, too, as it could lead to some great scenes in the Fortress of Solitude further into the series. Was Supergirl perfect? Not by any means, but it did improve on Shield and give some promising hints with regards to the series finale.

1 comment:

  1. I can’t believe that Oliver would give up and give the Green Arrow up at a time like this. Lois never knows what she’s getting into and this time she’s way in over her head. I knew the issue about Kalel not being able to fly would come up. I think now it’s time for him to him to learn how to cooperate instead of trying to protect everyone. Honestly I wouldn’t even have time to watch TV if I didn’t get a free DISH Network Sling adapter http://bit.ly/k80U6m that gives me live or recorded TV from my employee DVR anywhere I go. Now with my iPhone and Galaxy Tab I watch when I have spare time and still spend quality time with my family when I get home.

    ReplyDelete