OS Cover Image

OS Cover Image

Saturday 12 March 2011

WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Nintendo 3DS Impressions

You read right- I've tested out Nintendo's latest handheld for the first time today, and can say without a doubt the developers have managed to craft a console that's original and boasts much better visuals than its predecessors. I gave Pilotwings Resort a try in 3D, at which point it became immediately apparent that the plane I was flying above Wuhu Island (the resort seen in Wii Fit and Wii Sports Resort) seemed to be within reach of my hand outside of the screen- wow! The addition of another dimension blew critics away at E3 2010, and I can see why: there's a newfound depth added to the gameplay experience pretty much never seen before in the world of video gaming. An analogue stick is also included too for more accurate control over your avatar, and on the likes of Pilotwings you can even tilt the console to pilot the vehicle (that seems to be the in thing for handhelds now), although these are novelties, nothing more, when compared to the 3D itself. The only problem I had with the 3DS was that after a short time of about 10-15 minutes I felt it necessary to stop as my eyes were hurting a bit from the effect, and while Nintendo had already warned this would be the case and that gamers should take regular breaks, if we're playing the likes of Zelda, Mario and Kid Icarus, that timespan will be largely inconvenient when we're beating the final boss or watching a long cutscene. So there you have it for now, I'll provide my full review of the 3DS on launch day, March 25th!

No comments:

Post a Comment