OS Cover Image

OS Cover Image

Tuesday 19 April 2011

RIP Elisabeth Sladen (1948-2011)

Elisabeth Sladen died today aged 63. Sladen was famous for her role as Sarah-Jane Smith in Doctor Who, appearing alongside Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker, Peter Davison, David Tennant and Matt Smith in the show and her brilliant spin-off series The Sarah Jane Adventures. She also appeared in many pantomimes and radio shows between her reprisals of the role, while supporting the science-fiction programme whatever its status. I cannot express enough my deep sadness at the death of an actress with such talent, charm and utter dedication to her work- Elisabeth clearly had so much more to give, and her suffering from cancer and untimely passing is the most tragic news I've heard in a long time. I would like to send my deepest wishes to her family and friends in this hard time. No fan of Who or Adventures will ever forget you, Elisabeth; rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment