OS Cover Image

OS Cover Image

Friday 15 April 2011

WORLD EXCLUSIVE: The Gadget Show Live Review

As you'll have seen from all of the video game-based articles below, The Gadget Show Live at the Birmingham NEC had a massive Games Hall to impress every type of player, and certainly in terms of the exhibition area of the event it was my personal highlight. However, that's not to say that the rest of the exhibition wasn't impressive- I saw everything from virtual reality goggles to a miniscule cube-shaped MP3 player in my visit to Hall 12, based around pretty much every gadget other than gaming ones (like I said, see Hall 8 for those) and honestly was taken aback by the sheer variety of utensils and glimpses into the not too distant- I hope!- future on offer throughout. When it came to having spent a good four hours touring the exhibits, I'll admit I was ready to move on and would advise visitors this weekend that unless your live show is early on there's no need to rush in to see everything, because other than the obvious busyness (bad word, but surprisingly it's in the dictionary) of the halls there shouldn't be too much preventing you touring the whole show in a couple of hours. That said, I was prepared to be disappointed as I entered the huge Super Theatre- would any of the presenters not appear, and would it actually be very long? Sufficed to say my doubts were cast aside moments in, as I realised I was about to witness a genuine live episode of the ever-brilliant The Gadget Show with no strings attached. The experience is brimming with innovation, shedding aside the stereotypical 'Please turn off your phones' and actually encouraging your use of any gadgetry you possess, a refreshing approach to a performance and one that ensures the 90 odd minutes spent in the arena of sorts will never get dull or repetitive. I don't want to spoil the events of the performance, but in short you're in for a massive treat if you head up to the NEC in the next couple of days, and given that the shows apparently get better each year I'm already sold on the next Gadget Show Live for 2012. Seriously, if you missed out on tickets for this event, make it a mission to get some next time they become available as The Gadget Show Live is an essential experience for techno-geeks everywhere- and the rest of the family will all find something to enjoy too!

No comments:

Post a Comment