OS Cover Image

OS Cover Image

Saturday 1 October 2011

Glee: I Am Unicorn Review (2.5/5)

Glee's third season really isn't getting off to a good start- the opening episode The Purple Piano Project (3/5) was lacking in surprises and fun factor, and this week's I Am Unicorn fares even worse. First up, who thought it would be a good idea to theme nearly the entire episode around Rachel, Kurt and Blaine's auditions for McKinley High's West Side Story? I actually skipped through the majority of their performances, something I have not ever previously done with an episode of the show, simply because I was so bored of hearing the same emotive tunes that had plagued Glee too many times before. With such an emphasis being placed on the lacklustre song roster, the plot in itself was a shambles, confused between balancing the Quinn/Puckerman relationship with Shelby and their daughter, Kurt's unicorn-infested campaign for class president and Sue's ongoing campaign to enter Congress. I wouldn't blame viewers who are struggling to keep up with much of the series plotline so far, as it appears bloated and convoluted to the point of alienating the show's fanbase. I'm being serious there: if Glee doesn't find ways to innovate and impress in the next few weeks, I have no doubt this will be the last season. And from what I've seen of it so far, that would be good riddance!
(http://www.razorfine.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/glee-i-am-unicorn.jpg)

No comments:

Post a Comment