OS Cover Image

OS Cover Image

Monday 12 December 2011

UK Gaming Charts: December 5th-11th

Well, I'm more than happy to be proved wrong every once in a while, so nothing gives me greater pleasure than seeing my assertion that the mediocre Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (6/10) would dominate the charts until Mass Effect 3's release next March overthrown- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim has topped the UK charts this week! Yep, despite the new COD having topped Avatar as the fastest-selling release ever, making a billion dollars in revenue in just sixteen days, it's Skyrim which has won our hearts these past seven days, so combined with the VGA it won for Game of the Year it's having a great time of it recently. I'm going to start using scores in the charts either for games I've reviewed, games I'll be reviewing soon and/or games I've seen enough of to rate. You'll notice Assassin's Creed: Revelations now stands at a commendable 9/10- that's because with hindsight I've realised it can't stand up as well as the 9.5s and 10s of 2011 with its lack of innovation and irksome cliffhanger (but I still highly recommend fans play it!).
10. MARIO KART 7 (8.5/10)
9. UNCHARTED 3: DRAKE'S DECEPTION (9/10)
8. SAINT'S ROW: THE THIRD (8/10)
7. PROFESSOR LAYTON AND THE SPECTRE'S CALL
6. BATTLEFIELD 3 (7/10)
5. ASSASSIN'S CREED: REVELATIONS (9/10)
4. FIFA 12
3. JUST DANCE 3
2. CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 3 (6/10)
1. THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM (10/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment