OS Cover Image

OS Cover Image

Sunday 17 June 2012

Ricky Gervais Provides Show Status Updates

What next for Ricky Gervais' various TV projects? All the details...
Ricky Gervais must virtually be swimming in a pool of cash right now, as his recent projects An Idiot Abroad, The Ricky Gervais Show, Life's Too Short and Derek have managed to gain him nationwide acclaim and commercial success the likes of which hasn't been seen since Extras. That said, the writer and director has remained relatively quiet as to what the future holds for himself and indeed his TV shows recently. As such the man himself has come clean and spoken out with a handful of new details on where each of his mainstream projects are heading for the foresseable future. Here's a round-up of his various reveals...
  • THE RICKY GERVAIS SHOW: "So, I don't think I'm going to do a fourth series. 39 episodes is more than I've ever done for any project (Yes, I know that's pathetic but trust me) and I don't want to push my luck. I think the show has grown steadily both in quality and popularity and I'd love to go out on a high so to speak. My worry is that as we've used up all of the best material we'd have to record hours and hours of new stuff and it might ruin the naievity of the whole thing. Never say never though, like The Office. But certainly for now."
  • AN IDIOT ABROAD: "Karl and I have to decided to end it after the two specials we're recording at the moment. Again, I think these could be the funniest adventures yet and we don't want to outstay our welcome."
  • LIFE'S TOO SHORT: "We've just finished writing the finale special. We'll film it after Christmas ready for around Easter [2013]. It's got lots of Les, Shaun and Cheggers!"
  • DEREK: "I will be shooting another six episodes this Autumn for broadcast early next year. This is my new baby, I must admit. I've never been so in love with a project or character. It will be on Channel 4 in the UK."
So in essence, Derek is the only mainstay of Ricky's TV projects, but each of the other ones will get great finales in the near future, and the former has a great first full season of episodes to come. An Idiot Abroad: The Short Way Round airs this Autumn on Sky1.

No comments:

Post a Comment