OS Cover Image

OS Cover Image

Monday 26 November 2012

Zack Snyder Talks Man Of Steel, Justice League


The world of superhero movies is now fraught with sequels, remakes and reboots in a realm that’s often one of steep competition. DC Studios are no doubt racking their brains even now as to how to regain the same success as Marvel’s The Avengers, what with The Dark Knight Rises having brought their Nolan Batman trilogy to a spectacular conclusion. One area in which they may achieve this is through Zack Snyder’s upcoming resurrection of their Superman franchise, Man Of Steel. Director Snyder had this to say on his first full superhero instalment and indeed its implications for DC’s own team-up Justice League
  •  ON MAN OF STEEL: “I heard one time that the Superman glyph is the second or third most recognisable symbol on Earth after the Christian cross- it’s this crazy responsibility. It’s very hard work!"
  • ON JUSTICE LEAGUE: “I don’t know how Justice League is going to be handled. Honestly, I don’t. But Man Of Steel exists, and Superman is in it. I don’t know how you’d move forward without acknowledging that.”         
  • ON WHETHER MOS SEGUES INTO FUTURE JL FILMS: “Um, how can I answer that. I can’t really say anything to that, because that’s a big spoiler. I will say, yeah, they trust me to keep them on course.”

A new trailer for Man Of Steel will debut with The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey on December 14th. Man Of Steel flies into cinemas on June 14th 2013 and Justice League in 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment