Here at On-Screen, I like to keep you in the know as to how things will work if there's any kind of 'state of flux' with the format of upcoming weeks and articles. As such, today I just wanted to briefly inform you as to how the Summer Hiatus that I've recently mentioned for the blog is going to work.
First and foremost, this is NOTHING to be afraid of, dear readers. Although On-Screen will indeed be taking a break of total radio silence for a time with exams and other matters arising for most of us, when we do make our full-scale return, there'll be plenty of massive content to bring On-Screen back for the rest of 2013 with an almighty bang. Let's quickly go over just how the Hiatus itself will actually be laid out:
- APRIL 29TH: SUMMER HIATUS BEGINS
- APRIL 30TH-MAY 24TH: SUMMER HIATUS PART 1
- WHIT WEEK (MAY 25TH-JUNE 2ND): There may well be a brief update at some point on a few major news stories that will likely have occurred in the 3.5 weeks we've been away. This update should contain definitive details on when On-Screen should return for good, but stay tuned to our official Facebook page and my Twitter account @tbuxton42 for all the latest news on the matter.
- JUNE 3RD-JUNE 18TH: SUMMER HIATUS PART 2
- JUNE 19TH: ON-SCREEN RETURNS
So, let's get something straight right from the off and out into the open- yes, this hiatus is a little longer than you may be used to. Last year's Summer Hiatus essentially lasted from May 13th-May 24th due to exams and other priorities only taking place in late May, but the extension is just a matter of precedence. Nevertheless, before the Hiatus even begins at the end of this month, we'll have reviews of Doctor Who, Game Of Thrones, Life's Too Short, Arrow, In The Flesh, Iron Man 3 and many more releases, plus all the latest coverage of the biggest and best entertainment news.
And of course, after the hiatus is where things really kick up from a notch. First up, there'll be an absolute reviews blitz as releases from that Hiatus period including Injustice: Gods Among Us, Star Trek Into Darkness, The Great Gatsby, The Hangover Part III, Man Of Steel, the final episodes of Doctor Who's anniversary season and tonnes more go under the radar. There'll be LOADS of big E3, Summer Of Film and more features to come, so come June 19th it all gets underway again big time.
For now, revel in the good times as we're all busy but booming and the blog has never been in better shape. We'll keep you posted on all the new developments, but for now have a fantastic Easter Holiday and enjoy the posts!